How can we improve CareZone?

Med Database with Drug Interactions, Photos of Medications, Side Effects, Generics, Etc.

There are sites to do this, but every Rx has to be typed in. If I could just put them here and so a search, it would be SO much easier. Yes dr and pharmacist should be conscious of this but sometimes they miss things.

2,061 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barbara Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Please. I would like my husband to be able to confirm the medications to a photo. I will start using this exclusively when this feature is added.

I do like the idea of having a space to put in what the meds are being taken for.

I would like to see if care zone can help every one to get better price to the people the not have any medical insurance

• Kay Ann Haag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If using a generic med it would help to have the brand name also. I do not always know the generic name but only know the brand name of several meds. This would not only help me but a member of my family who has access to my med list.

A web base that when you list your prescription a description of what the medication is for

The problem is the different manufactureers of generic medications almost always have different looks. It's probably impossible unless you always have the nstional drug code for the specific brand used to fill each Rx.

• Mellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These can be a world apart & would help with finding the correct med- especially if a new caregiver is assisting.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very nice to include a picture of the Medication!

Hi, when entering a medication, there could be an option to add a picture of the actual pill. My parents speak Spanish and a little English and what the pill looks like would be helpful when reminding them to take their pills over the phone since my siblings and I do not live with them.

• Tink91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I was just updating my husbands medication list and would like to include the warnings attached to the prescription for future reference. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to include this information. Can this be added?

• Michael Rath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an excellent app for that called Epocrates and it is free. However, I agree it would be nice to have it as an add-on in the Care Zone medications tab.

Keep up the great work CareZone!

• Rikkia Ayanna Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several similar apps that do the same thing but some have additional features that would make this app #1. When medications are input the app should have a medication database listing generics, common doses based on persons profile information. Importing contacts is great but you shouldn't have to import them for each person because in families many members of a family see the same doctors. There should be an emergency contact view listing all known medical conditions and allergies without using the passcode and only revealing enough information to save a life. As well as being able to assign an imported contact into a category or for Dr.'s by type of Dr. Or what they treat and for whom in the loved ones section. Also since there is a calendar integrated it should give medication reminders as well as Dr. Appointment reminders (up coming that are scheduled and notification that it's time to follow up with a Dr.). There should also be an illness tracker where you can select symptoms and track if there is improvement or not and how long the symptoms have been happening as well as some form of red flag to indicate that a Dr. Should be involved past a certain amount of time without signs of improvement In that tracker should also be medications administered and how effective they were side effects and so on. In the regular medication section should be as needed medications like for people with allergies and asthma who have emergency medications. With a reminder system for taking medications it should also have one for illness to reduce the stress of trying to remember medications that are OTC or prescribed just for that period of time. It should also have a complete vaccination history with notifications of missing vaccines and when it's time for a routine checkup or physical examination. There should also be detailed reminders based upon age and sex for setting up appointments and reminders for women for birth control. But the biggest thing is to have a comprehensive medication list that shows known and possible side effects with the ability to select one if you experience one and common dosage information that can be adjusted by user if need be. There should also be a section for previous illnesses and surgeries. I have looked and tried many different apps and these are all things I have found the others to have but not one app has them all and your base platform is the best I have seen yet. The ability to share with others is great but there need to be sync options such as to the cloud or Dropbox or export as a PDF. If someone would take the few minutes and explore the App Store for similar apps it would show what this app is missing and how it could easily be the best and #1 app. Right now I am going to have to use multiple apps to have everything I need since my family has a complex medical history.

i would not reinvent the wheel on this. use the health plan drug info database. the health insurance folks already have this capability.

Feedback and Knowledge Base