How can we improve CareZone?

Med Database with Drug Interactions, Photos of Medications, Side Effects, Generics, Etc.

There are sites to do this, but every Rx has to be typed in. If I could just put them here and so a search, it would be SO much easier. Yes dr and pharmacist should be conscious of this but sometimes they miss things.

2,061 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barbara Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bruce Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some medications have alternate natural substances that work better than perscription drugs and have less side effects.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to see some reliable comparisons between different medications targeted towards the same ailment, specifically noting effectiveness and price. Using myself as an example, I need to relieve chronic pain, and bouts of Nausea daily. I'm not writing a huge list here, but to get to the point.
        Pain--- usually a choice between vicodin and Dilaudid, and then the generics. (I have no insurance by the way), so for a quantity of 120, 4mg tabs, the price varies between approximately $16.00 and $424.00
        Nausea - - - usually a choice between zofran and Phenergan, and again, their generics. For same quantities, Prices vary between $12.00 and $728.00 (yes you read that correctly).
        So anyway, I think some sort of chart comparing the effectiveness and price of similar groups of medications would be incredibly useful, especially if it means the difference between me paying $1100.00, or $40.00, each month.
        Thanks in advance, I hope you are able to make this happen.

I think it's great to know there is a generic so you don't waste your money on name brands. Doctors these days know nothing but name brands. I ask for tried & true & cheap.

• Willeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Neurologists and related doctors in my case always use the generic name instead of the brand name, so in my case it would be the other way around :D

• Robin Boulter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please make this possible as I take lots of meds and the generic names are not always remember. I would love to see the PHOTO of the bottle and a picture or description of what the pill should look like. I love the app as my medical bracelet doesn't hold al of this.

Describe what the medicine does. What is it for? Diabetes, pain, blood pressure, etc.

The Rx# has the physical description printed under it. Why not include it on the data file.

• Margaret Burrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please , Please, Please do this...I'm about to start taking some new suppliments and would liove to know if they will have any interactions with my mes

Feedback and Knowledge Base