How can we improve CareZone?

Med Database with Drug Interactions, Photos of Medications, Side Effects, Generics, Etc.

There are sites to do this, but every Rx has to be typed in. If I could just put them here and so a search, it would be SO much easier. Yes dr and pharmacist should be conscious of this but sometimes they miss things.

2,061 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barbara Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jthewn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Sometimes generic pills change and it would be great to be able to take a picture of a new pill to avoid confusion. Supplements too. Thx

• Jennifer Lynn Medford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The database you would need would be very large. Sometimes people take meds for different reasons. People need to get this info from their doctor.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My parents use AM/PM pill dispensers and rely on a medication list in iPad Notes that has everything listed by AM, PM or as needed. It would be a huge help to have the ability to:
        - identify medications by whether taken morning or night *wihtout* requiring alarms to be set (needs to be information available to everyone their profiles are shared with but everyone doesn't need to have the alarms)
        - provide a view of medications similar to a calendar agenda view, i.e., has the basic information needed to fill the pill dispenser (name, number, etc.) with everything grouped by AM or PM.

• Leslie H Brock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the edit function on the med list, all fields can be modified, example I scanned the med, then after stored, using edit function, I added the name Lasix, I also added 1/2 tablet twice a day, I also put in two different meds for one med, 2.5 & 5mg, put additional comment on the 2.5mg used to adjust as required, then using the reminder function, as the doctors changed my dosage adding 2.5 for some days I only needed to change the reminder to get my view daily to be correct

Many people take medication with out understanding really what it is and does to your body. What is the medication used for and what are potential side effects would help. Many people won't do the research but if it was a click away inside an app I know I would use it.

• Kera Joy Latterell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be helpful. I have been putting it in the notes, but I'm the only one that knows to look there for that info

• Mike e commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add in feature for repurchase of supplements, searching popular sites for good price

• John Langley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on the medication tap, you should have access a med search that doesn't have to be scanned. IT is hard to do when you shake to scan!

• Holly McCleary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the total value of ingredients for vitamins and supplements. This is helpful for multi-vitamins as my physician may want to know how much of each vitamin is in my multi.

• Ima Garber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Mom is on 12 different medications.
        I know the pharmacy should be tracking drug interaction but in my research on medication that my mom takes two other medications cause interactions with one that she also takes and a list of the side effects will be very helpful as far as knowing what the side effects of medications are so you can be assured the medication is for a conditions and not side effects

• Dianna Leckner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we set our profiles up and scanned our meds, many of which are generic, we simply typed in the name brands in brackets immediately after the generic names. Now we don't have to wonder what in the heck that particular medicine is for.

It would be helpful to be able to take a picture of the medications and associate them with their respective listing. It could help those with cognitive disabilities or impairments better manage their medications.

Feedback and Knowledge Base