How can we improve CareZone?

Med Database with Drug Interactions, Photos of Medications, Side Effects, Generics, Etc.

There are sites to do this, but every Rx has to be typed in. If I could just put them here and so a search, it would be SO much easier. Yes dr and pharmacist should be conscious of this but sometimes they miss things.

2,061 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barbara Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be very helpful due to the number of medications I take and sometimes my eyes are blurry due to y medications and diabetes.

• Anthony W Bush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This a good idea I just posted the same thing because I had not seen this post. It would be a huge help for a lot of people.

• Clinton D Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some people have a tendency forget or forget to read a pill bottle and can't tell which pill is which. The pill identifier would help them out and probably make the family feel better.

• Donald Norman Dicer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea, but I think it might be a bit ambitious. My idea is to add a simple hyper-link titled "info" on each medication. There are numerous websites that offer information about particular drugs ( side effects, interactions, etc). It would be much easier and quicker to have this info in a standardized format, from a trusted source.

• Dennis Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I take so many medicines that it is possible that one might interact with another one and need to know what the side-effects are.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thus has to be my #1 issue when you open a prescription and the pills aren't what you are used to seeing. Having to go find out if it's the same on a different sight is a real pain..

Needed in case you are brought to a hospital by ambulance that doesn't know you. Especially if you are unconscious.

Add a pill identifier and a app that allows us to put in everything that is wrong with us

• Leslie Gompf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also possibly helpful if you remove your meds from their original container & you want to be able to prove the meds are really yours. (e.g. for short-stay travel when bringing every bottle takes up too much room.)

• Theodore Wm. von Eiff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of the supplements I take were recommended by Dr. OZ whose advice is now questioned. I'd like to know if I'm wasting my money and possibly endangering my health by continuing to take these drugs/supplements.

• April Harlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This already exists within the profile for every med you enter ...

On the screen where you confirm the details: it's the very next section after the dosage instructions...
        It says: what is this for: and lets you type in the answer if you want. (It's not a required field.)
        Then the next field is for your own notes or comments...

Maybe it would be helpful to have the "what is this for" info show up on a grey/ italic line under the instructions so it's visible on the regular list screen,too...
        If that made sense...

• Rhonda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are many times you see different doctors for different things or have Ben hospitalized and most of the time you receive a new prescription and you're not informed of any possible interaction new medications and with your existing ones it would be nice to have a place that has all your meds and adding new ones that would have a warning of possible harm, Plus adding any current medications that you were taking as well. then you would be able to contact your pharmacist or Dr about any warnings that may come up. my poor husband has been through quite a few medication interactions that almost killed him thanks for listening.

This is another reason to integrate with a patient portal as all ONC-certified portals offer drug info sheets.

• Jayne Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add a Tab for Pill Identifier. Don't need it in the Medication List, but sometimes need to check a pill and have to go to another Web site to do it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base