How can we improve CareZone?

Add a Medical History Section

What about having a section to beable to put in medical history. Eg: Past medical illnesses and also family medical history. I was asked by a family member what medical conditions ran in our family. Eg: Cancer, Thyroid, Stroke, Heart Attack and disease. I had to try and think about it. I knew some. But not all and my mother was no longer living for me to beable to ask her about any. Because she had passed away of one of those conditions. So to me that would be a great help having a section on. Family History.

2,791 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kym shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

185 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so helpful. It is something every Dr needs to know. Please move to top of your upcoming improvements

• Edward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a generic check list similar to the questionnaire that must be filled out as a new patient. And be able to enter the family member(s) associated with the condition.

___ Diabetes - Father, Grandmother, Sister

___ Hypertension - Mother, Grandfather etc...

• Kosharah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a section where lab results can be easily entered. WBC, cd4, cd4%, and other important numbers that are checked regularly. It could be similar to the medicine section where numbers are easily plugged in on a specific date.

• Marigrace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second part of the use of electronic medical records and meaningful use requires 1st degree family medical history. (Parents and children). So this would be very helpful

• Sharon Sinclair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see you expand the Profile module to include surgeries and procedures in the Medical History category.

• Mary Ellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great ideas! I have been tracking my mother's comments about how well she slept, how much pain she has, how much fluid we drained from her pleural cavity, etc. elsewhere. I would like to do it here. In addition to the common ones (weight, bp, etc.) it would be great to be able to create an item to track, select the unit of measure, and track by date. For example, track pain by the scale from 1 to 10; same for sleep, draining fluid in liters, etc. In an ideal world, I'd be able to attach these to other things being tracked - medication, exercise, chemo and then print, download into an excel file or graph it up on screen with the ability to select the items graphed (well, a girl can dream, can't she?). Of course the Holy Grail is the ability to import all the data from all the doctors offices and hospitals but...

• Robert Willis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After reading this post, I would highly recommend a relational view for items 1, 2, and the extras at the bottom. The reason being, for example, you may have a stand alone reaction/allergy. On the other hand, the reaction/allergy may be due to a new medication. In that event, you should be able to select the exact medication on the medication tab so that you can click on a link and be instantly transported to the medication on the medications tab (or maybe even better to have a pop-up) so that you can view the information for the 'culprit' that caused the reaction. Same for item 2 in the above list. If its related to a new med or an allergy. The symptom tracker is a no-brainer as it may very well be connected to items 1 and 2. Just food for thought. If I could program anything I'd volunteer to fix it.

• Vera Woodbury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A symptom tracker would be fantastic! My mom has recently started having headaches and it would be nice to be able to track them and the medication she takes for it. I'd also be happy if there was a medication administration record where we could document the medications given AND a list of PRN (as needed medication) medications that were given and if it was helpful/resolved the issue.

• Kayley Anne Olund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Things i feel are a necessity:

1) put allergies in its own category like medication where you can be able to add
        -type of reaction
        -severity of reaction
        -treatment for reaction

2) put conditions in its own category like medication and be able to add
        -treatment
        -note field for any relevant info

3) doctor field in general profile area with ability to add
        -multiple doctors
        - type of doctor
        -doctors address, number, fax

Things id also like to see but can live without
        -symptom tracker (ability to do multiple enteries a day)
        -period tracker

This is a GREAT suggestion. A tab on left that allows quick access to medical history would be much better than putting the info in a note. The formatting of the medical history itself could also be very simple--just Date, Location, Details would suffice.

Thank you for this amazing service! I've suggested a few essential categories to enhance enhance the goal of simplifying medical scheduling, reporting and so forth. For example, by adding a category for Diagnostic Imaging and Lab Work, a care giver could potentially pull up information as to the loved one's last mammogram, PET scan, or blood panel. It would make doctor office visits --or, unexpected visits to the E.R.-- much more efficient, and, save money by reducing redundant lab tests and x-rays. An Outpatient Treatment category would be useful in tracking chemotherapy appts, physical rehab, minor surgeries, etc.

I think the above would work and I'm sure if I left something out, another member would bring it to your attention. The reason I mentioned having an area devoted to hospitalization is because some people may have a lifetime of hospitalizations and record-keeping is so important. Thank you!!!

Perhaps the page could include the usual where, when, why, and recovey plan. Just a thought.

Feedback and Knowledge Base