How can we improve CareZone?

Add a Medical History Section

What about having a section to beable to put in medical history. Eg: Past medical illnesses and also family medical history. I was asked by a family member what medical conditions ran in our family. Eg: Cancer, Thyroid, Stroke, Heart Attack and disease. I had to try and think about it. I knew some. But not all and my mother was no longer living for me to beable to ask her about any. Because she had passed away of one of those conditions. So to me that would be a great help having a section on. Family History.

2,791 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kym shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

185 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important in case you ever loose consciousness as I did and lost the use of my left wrist,hand & fingers because they couldn't ask me questions. Falling a limb for hours can cause loose of the limb. I was actually lucky.

• Martha Knox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to keep a record of my blood work so I could have it with me and also easily compare one visit to another. Maybe z spreadsheet type format.

• Rosemary Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every doctor requires you to list past medical history..surgeries...but also a place needed to list test results..dates etc

Saw one person suggest it in 2012 ... Now 2015... This is something REALLY needed!!
        Could have separate place for X-rays/ MRI taken along with other procedures such as blood tests etc

I track these now as a separate document. Would be great if I could scan it in or import it.

Great idea, it is such a brain strain trying to remember the date of surgery when you have had several!!

• Sharon R Doyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been keeping this list in the Notes section. Would be nice to have a dedicated area for this info

• Dori Wilson Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had 23 surgeries in the past 15 years along with being on 33 medications. I gave at least 13 diseases and several drug allergies. Having a "Medical History" area would be most beneficial to my organization of information in one location. Along with that an area to record family medical history would be helpful. Thank you for taking this request into consideration. I'm so thankful I found your site. When I am able to get all 33 prescriptions entered it will make my life so much easier. I also plan to utilize you packaging and shipment to aid in my daily medication schedule. Trying to set up trays for 33 medications is getting to be too much work...so I put it off and end up not taking my scheduled meds and as a result end up sick and back in the hospital. When I'm given a new prescription from a doctor is it possible that they can send it directly to you? I also sent another email asking how to handle the monthly prescriptions for narcotics. I truly appreciate all the help I can receive. Your site is a God-send!!!

• David Whiteway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although you can put your history in the journal, it would be nice to have it as a separate section. It gets pushed farther down as you make more journal entries, and it would be easier to keep up to date if it were separate.

• Dani Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have a drop down box option with common surgeries & illnesses & dates to chose from. The is would be helpful in PDF print form also.

Feedback and Knowledge Base