How can we improve CareZone?

Add option to "skip" a med

Currently, scheduled meds (with reminders) require you to either "take" the med or "miss" a dose.

It would be helpful to have an option to skip a med. Here are a few reasons:

— Don't need to take the dose (symptoms in control)
— Sleeping
— Away from med/need to take later
— Need a refill (ran out)
— Having side effects

Marking the med as "skipped", followed by a "reason for skipping the med" would help track honest adherence and provide more accurate info for the doctor.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminCareZone Support (Customer Experience, CareZone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maggie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love that this app allows us to track adherence. However, it's not accurate if we intentionally wanted to "skip" a dose. There is a difference between missing a dose unintentionally and skipping one intentionally. I know we can use PRN for those medications that may or may not be skipped, but we need them to show up in the schedule at certain times every day to remind us to ask if the patient needs that medication at those specific times.

• Rene Stigers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are times when you need to hold a medication, as before surgery etc, so it would be helpful to be able to mark a missed dose with a comment section to explain. Another example would be blood pressure medications. I only take mine if my reading is above a certain rate, so it would be a simple way to note, not taken then the comment box would be an option to explain.

Possible fix would be in med set up: Is this drug given on a sliding scale i.e. Insulin or blood pressure? If yes, the program allows for the 1. dose taken or 2. dose skipped, comment option. If no, the program handles the medication as it does currently. That way you don't have to clutter every med with the comment field.

• NANCY BURGESS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful if there were a checkbox for missed doses so that it would complete the day the same as checking the dose as taken. I never know later if I missed the dose or forgot to check it taken. Sometimes if I’m busy I go back and check the whole day(s) and have no idea.

Thanks!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base